85 Pre & Post natal Teacher Training
with Sue Elkind & Stefanie Castson
Learn how to support women during their journey into motherhood in this comprehensive training in prenatal yoga, conscious birthing & postnatal yoga with two experienced, international, seasoned Yoga Teachers Sue Elkind & Stefanie Castson both E-RYT 500, RPYT.
Explore how to weave the great teachings of yoga seamlessly into Mother Nature’s blueprint, encouraging women to experience a more joy-filled pregnancy, empowered birth and confident postnatal transition.
Half of the 85hr Training takes place live March 8th -12th 2023. The other half will be offered through a preparatory online course (lectures, lessons, videos) one month prior and two follow up live online zoom sessions.
An extensive printed manual is included in the Training, including Sue’s Book: Dig Pregnancy, Birth, & Baby: A Conscious & Empowered Approach to Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga
A follow up Zoom gathering and a Q&A (+3hr) take place online after the training.
An expansive training manual will be provided and students will be expected to complete homework assignments, including book report, observation and practice teaching throughout, and completion of Final Exam.
Teachers will also find this training applicable to teaching restorative, infertility, chair, partner, beginning and seniors yoga.
The Training will include:
- Navigating pregnancy & parenthood with yoga
- The essentials of a healthy prenatal yoga practice
- Trimester specific practices
- Hormonal physiology of pregnancy/childbirth
- Prenatal specific anatomy & physiology
- Core and pelvic floor health for pregnancy
- Meditation and mantra for pregnancy
- Relaxation techniques to support birth
- Cellular memory of birth experience
- Labor Support for Pregnancy
- Fertility awareness and conscious conception
- Restorative yoga for pregnancy
- Prenatal nutrition
- Pregnancy conditions
- Postnatal specific anatomy & physiology
- Postnatal core and pelvic floor health
- 4th Trimester-specific recovery practices
- Creating Themes to inspire your students
- Teaching Pregnant Women in a Public Class
- Modifications and Alternatives in Postures
- Observation & verbal adjustments
- Sequencing for pregnancy conditions
- Sequencing Prenatal Classes
- Prenatal Yoga Teaching Practicum
- 08. – 12. March 2023 for onsite course, daily from 9:00 AM - 6.30 PM
- By February 2023 preparatory online course of 37,5 hours.