Yoga Teacher Trainings January & August 2020
Teacher Training Course at Sanapurna – A Journey of Self Discovery
In cooperation with Yogalife (RYS 200), Sanapurna Center for Yoga & Therapy Zurich offers a registered Yoga Teacher Training Course 200h (TTC).
This full immersion Yoga Teacher Training is registered for a 200-hour certificate with Yoga Alliance. The 9 weekends of the TTC are covered over a period of 6 months. We believe in empowering yoga students to take the role of responsible teachers and helping them discover the natural teacher from within. With highly qualified and experienced yoga trainers, the course is based on the traditional teachings of yoga, including anatomy, teaching methodology, restorative yoga as well as management and presentation skills – offering a holistic training to our students.
200h Yoga Alliance Yoga Teacher Training Course – Admission OPEN:
|Nr||January – June 2020||August – December 2020|
|1.||January 24,25 & 26 th||August 14 th , 15 th & 16 th|
|2.||February 7 th , 8 th & 9 th||August 28 th , 29 th &; 30 th|
|3.||February 29 th & March 1st||September 12 th & 13 th|
|4.||March 21 st & 22nd||September 26 th & 27 th|
|5.||April 25h & 26 th||October 17 th & 18 th|
|6.||May 9 th & 10 th||October 31 st & November 1 st|
|7.||May 23 rd & 24 th||November 14 th & 15 th|
|8.||June 13 th & 4 th||November 28 th & 29 th|
|9.||June 26 th , 27 th & 28 th||December 11 th , 12 th & 13 th|
Course fee: CHF 4500.- /
early bird: CHF 4100.- for payments done until October 31st, 2019 (January 2020) / May 15th, 2020 (August TTC) /
Application fee: CHF 500.- (part of the course fee)
Payment: Sanapurna GmbH Zürcher Kantonalbank
Account no. 1100-6826.603
IBAN: CH59 0070 0110 0068 2660 3
Why Sanapurna and Yogalife?
- Accomplished and dedicated teachers
- Focus on your self discovery through yoga and coaching style approach
- Interactive classes for a meaningful learning experience
- Comprehensive understanding of yoga foundations: Yoga philosophy, Hindu Mythology, Physiology of Hatha Yoga, Asana teaching methodology and Hands on adjustments
- Practical approach: students teach during the training and receive a regular, personalized feedback
- Deepen your own yoga practice and learn to be a confident and inspiring teacher
- A specifically designed 150+ page-training manual which is continuously modified based on a constant feedback process (12th edition)
- Trained hundreds of students from more than 28 countries
- We also offer Teacher training courses in Geneva, Zurich, Bonn, Gent, Leuven, Brussels & Goa
- During the TTC there will be 15% discount to Drop-in, 5x, 10x Abos and 10% discount to 1, 3, 6 months Abos at Sanapurna.
- The Basics of Yoga (1 Weekend)
- Yoga and the Body (3 Weekends)
- Philosophy and Core Principles (3 Weekends)
- Creating your class, assessments (2 Weekends)
What does the TTC weekend at Sanapurna look like?
Here is a sample weekend schedule. Every weekend changes gradually according to the curriculum. However, the start and end timings remain the same.
The 1st 2nd and 9th weekends run over Friday to Sunday and the other weekends run over Saturday and Sunday. Details will follow prior to the TTC start.
Saturday and Sunday, 08:00 to 18:30
- 08:00 to 09:30: Asana, Pranayama, Meditation
- 09:30 to 10:00: Breakfast break
- 10:00 to 13:00: Main lecture
- 13:00 to 14:00: Lunch break
- 14:00 to 16:30: Asana clinic / Teaching methodology
- 16:30 to 17:00: Navigation & Break
- 17:00 to 18:30: Yoga class
Your journey beyond TTC
- With our continuous education program (CEP) you can refine your skill level by assisting in the next TTCs.
- Opportunities within Sanapurna for motivated and determined students: yoga off the mat, volunteering, teaching
- Become part of the growing Sanapurna and Yogalife family
We hold an orientation meeting on the first day of the training to ensure that students know where the classes are, to familiarize with the course facilities and to allow students to meet each other and their teachers. Student attendance at the orientation day is mandatory.
The course requires 100% regular and punctual attendance as a mandatory requirement to receive the final certification. In case of illness or any other unavoidable circumstances, we will help you find out how to catch up with the missing hours and bring you to the minimum hours needed.
- The training is conducted exclusively in English. To fully benefit, you need to have a good command of the language.
- You need to be fit. The TTC is a very intense program with extensive yoga practice. It is not only focused on making teachers or increasing your philosophical knowledge but focuses on individual growth too. So we suggest you to already get acquainted with yoga and integrate this practice almost on a daily basis. You need to have at least 1 year of yoga exposure in total.
- If you are going through any sort of medical treatment then you need to send us your medical history and discuss with us your fitness for the course.
- Pregnancy: inform us of your pregnancy and provide a medical certificate authorization.
- The application fee of CHF 500.- is non-refundable and non-transferable under any circumstances.
- Cancellation 0 – 5 days before start date: no refund or the amount can be transferred to a next TTC with the approval of the Sanapurna Director.
- Cancellation 6 – 30 days before start date: the course fee minus 1000 CHF will be returned
- Cancellation 31 to more days before start date: the course fee (excluding the application fee) will be returned.
- The final confirmation of the TTC happens 2-3 weeks ahead of the starting date. Sanapurna team is not liable to anyone in case the course is postponed or cancelled. If you are making any travel arrangements prior to this confirmation, we would advise you to subscribe to a cancellation insurance as Sanapurna cannot be responsible to any costs incurred for the cancellation of your travel.
The following pre-requisites can be helpful for your progress in the course.
- Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha (APMB) by Swami Satyananda Saraswati. This book will be needed all the time during the course.
- Four Chapters on Freedom by Swami Satyananda Saraswati (Commentary on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali)
- Practical Yoga Psychology by Dr. Rishi Vivekandanda
- Yoga Darshan by Swami Niranjanananda Saraswati
Contact us via Email: email@example.com.