Teacher Training 2017
Yoga Teacher Training Course at Sanapurna – A Journey of Self Discovery
In cooperation with Yogalife (RYS 200), Sanapurna Center for Yoga & Therapy Zurich offers a registered Teacher Training Courses (TTC) from July until December 2017.
This full immersion Yoga Teacher Training is registered for a 200-hour certificate with Yoga Alliance. The 9 weekends of the TTC are covered over a period of 6 months. We believe in empowering yoga students to take the role of responsible teachers and helping them discover the natural teacher from within. With highly qualified and experienced yoga trainers, the course is based on the traditional teachings of yoga, including anatomy, teaching methodology, restorative yoga as well as management and presentation skills – offering a holistic training to our students.
200h Yoga Alliance Yoga Teacher Training Course, July – December 2017
- July 14 - 16
- August 25 - 27
- September 09 - 10
- September 23 - 24
- October 07 - 08
- October 21 - 22
- November 04 - 05
- November 18 - 19
- December 01 – 03
Why Sanapurna and Yogalife?
- Accomplished and dedicated teachers
- Focus on your self discovery through yoga and coaching style approach
- Interactive classes for a meaningful learning experience
- Comprehensive understanding of yoga foundations: Yoga philosophy, Hindu Mythology, Physiology of Hatha Yoga, Asana teaching methodology and Hands on adjustments
- Practical approach: students teach during the training and receive a regular, personalized feedback
- Deepen your own yoga practice and learn to be a confident and inspiring teacher
- A specifically designed 150+ page-training manual which is continuously modified based on a constant feedback process (12th edition)
- Trained hundreds of students from more than 28 countries
- We also offer Teacher training courses in Geneva, Zurich, Bonn, Gent, Leuven, Brussels & Goa
- Throughout the TTC there will be a 15% discount to 5x, 10x Abos at Sanapurna
- Also, Sanapurna’s following Abos will have a discount:
- 1 Month Abo 310.-CHF (vs. 350.- regular price)
- 3 months Abo 550.- CHF (vs. 630.- regular price)
- 6 months Abo 1100.-CHF (vs. 1250.- regular price)
- 1 Year Abo 1900.- CHF (vs. 2100.- regular price)
- The Basics of Yoga (1 Weekend)
- Yoga and the Body (3 Weekends)
- Philosophy and Core Principles (3 Weekends)
- Creating your class, assessments (2 Weekends)
80 h of practice, 50 h of teaching, 70 h of lecture and assessments: 200 h in total. The practice hours include 10 classes à 90 min with Poonam.
What does the TTC weekend at Sanapurna look like?
Here is a sample weekend schedule. Every weekend changes gradually according to the curriculum. However, the start and end timings remain the same.
Saturday and Sunday, 08:00 to 18:30
- 08:00 to 09:30: Asana, Pranayama, Meditation
- 09:30 to 10:00: Breakfast break
- 10:00 to 13:00: Main lecture
- 13:00 to 14:00: Lunch break
- 14:00 to 16:30: Asana clinic / Teaching methodology
- 16:30 to 17:00: Navigation & Break
- 17:00 to 18:30: Yoga class
Your journey beyond TTC
- With our continuous education program (CEP) you can refine your skill level by assisting in the next TTCs.
- Opportunities within Sanapurna for motivated and determined students: yoga off the mat, volunteering, teaching
- Become part of the growing Sanapurna and Yogalife family
We hold an orientation meeting on the first day of the training to ensure that students know where the classes are, to familiarize with the course facilities and to allow students to meet each other and their teachers. Student attendance at the orientation day is mandatory.
The course requires 100% regular and punctual attendance as a mandatory requirement to receive the final certification. In case of illness or any other unavoidable circumstances, we will help you find out how to catch up with the missing hours and bring you to the minimum hours needed.
- The training is conducted exclusively in English. To fully benefit, you need to have a good command of the language.
- You need to be fit. The TTC is a very intense program with extensive yoga practice. It is not only focused on making teachers or increasing your philosophical knowledge but focuses on individual growth too. So we suggest you to already get acquainted with yoga and integrate this practice almost on a daily basis. You need to have at least 1 year of yoga exposure in total.
- If you are going through any sort of medical treatment then you need to send us your medical history and discuss with us your fitness for the course.
- Pregnancy: inform us of your pregnancy and provide a medical certificate authorization.
Course fee: CHF 4500.- / early bird CHF 3900.- for payments done before April 14th 2017
Application fee: CHF 500.- (part of the course fee)
Payment: Sanapurna GmbH Zürcher Kantonalbank Account no. 1100-3546.499 IBAN: CH24 0070 0110 0035 4649 9
- The application fee of CHF 500.- is non-refundable and non-transferable under any circumstances.
- Cancellation 0 – 5 days before start date: no refund or the amount can be transferred to a next TTC with the approval of the Sanapurna Director.
- Cancellation 6 – 30 days before start date: the course fee minus 1000 CHF will be returned
- Cancellation 31 to more days before start date: the course fee (excluding the application fee) will be returned.
- The final confirmation of the TTC happens 2-3 weeks ahead of the starting date. Sanapurna team is not liable to anyone in case the course is postponed or cancelled. If you are making any travel arrangements prior to this confirmation, we would advise you to subscribe to a cancellation insurance as Sanapurna cannot be responsible to any costs incurred for the cancellation of your travel.
If you wish to apply for our upcoming TTC, please carefully read the eligibility criteria, requirements and application process.
Application Process :
- Contact us via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then send you the application form.
- Send application form to email@example.com. The Sanapurna team will respond within the next 10 working days.
- Once you are eligible, note that the acceptance of your application form does not confirm your participation, only full payment of the course can do that. Places are given on eligibility and on first paid first served basis.
- Sanapurna keeps all the rights reserved to make a decision on the admission.
- Students are responsible for their own travels, accommodation, food and living expenses.
The following pre-requisites can be helpful for your progress in the course.
- Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha (APMB) by Swami Satyananda Saraswati. This book will be needed all the time during the course.
- Four Chapters on Freedom by Swami Satyananda Saraswati (Commentary on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali)
- Practical Yoga Psychology by Dr. Rishi Vivekandanda
- Yoga Darshan by Swami Niranjanananda Saraswati